The past five weeks I have been on Natalie Walton’s Styling Course, and this week we did bedroom and bathrooms. I enjoyed her course work and spent quite a bit of time looking at my past projects as well as Pinterest to come up with my 10 top tips for styling out a bathroom space. I hope this helps you with your bathrooms too!
10 BATHROOM STYLING TIPS
1. Clear the clutter by storing all your toiletries in baskets and boxes.
2. Display neatly folded towels, in a neutral colour on a towel ladder and/or face cloths in a pile.
3. Don’t leave any extra TP lying around, place it in a basket.
4. Find a laundry hamper that is interesting and adds a bit of texture to the otherwise smooth surfaces.
5. Buy bath products in pretty packaging: classic toothpaste, bamboo brushes, fluffy sea sponges…
6. An old wooden stool is perfect as a stand for holdng bathing essentials or to display a potted plant.
7. Plants in monochrome pots bring freshness to a windowsill or wash stand (try a mini olive tree, a Chinese money plant or a classic orchid).
8. A round or square marble tray is great for displaying your favourite products, a candle and bottled hand soap.
9. Buy some glass jars or use old candle glasses for storing and displaying make-up brushes and/or cotton wool buds.
10. For those with well ventilated bathrooms, display a mix of black and white prints in different sized black or white frames. I especially like to hang personal photos or mementos.