I am so inspired by this Nursery from the One Room Challanege as there are so many simple but lovely details that I think would work well in any nursery or child’s room.
1. Paint the entire room in white, but then paint a soft colour 3/4 of the way up the wall.
2. Select a neutral coloured crib and then for colour and pattern add pretty sheets.
3. DIY your own decorative wall art, mobile or garland: flowers chains, macrame or felt balls. Definitely going to give the later a try.
4. Pick a fab colour like this jade green and paint an old dresser with chalkboard paint. Replace the simple door knobs with fancy crystal ones.
5. On plain carpet or wood flooring add a large colour co-ordinating rug.
6. Frame vintage calendar prints, school charts or children book illustrations in simple birch wooden frames.
7. Create an easy reading corner by hanging picture ledge shelves one above another.
8. Space permitting add a chair or giant pouffe. Alongside use woven and belly baskets to hold soft toys, toys and more books! Baskets also make for great laundry hampers.
9. Decorate empty corners with a wooden peg rail (HM have great ones for very little money). A cute place to hang a favourite outfit, booties or little hats!
10. Lastly, don’t be afraid to make temporary art displays: stick polaroids, flowers or feathers on a wall using washi tape.